Azerbaijan set to launch second satellite into orbit in 2015

Fri 25 November 2011 08:24 GMT | 08:24 Local Time

Text size: bigger smaller
W1siziisijiwmtuvmtavmtkvmdmvnduvndmvn2q0yjy1ndgtnjyzny00ywuyltlmotutotawyzrlymexzmi5lzcyodm1lmpwzyjdlfsiccisinrodw1iiiwimzywedi3mcmixv0?sha=68e9ff4ae1381bf8

The first communication satellite of Azerbaijan is expected to be built by late 2012.

The statement came from Head of Azerkosmos OJSC Rashad Nabiyev.

Main and reserve centers for above-ground management of the satellite are under construction at the moment. The main center will be located in Pirshagi settlement in Baku suburb while the reserve center will be located in Nakhchivan.

“The project is estimated at $250m. Of this, 85% will be funded by foreign loans while the remaining 15% will be funded by the state budget.”

It is planned to launch the second satellite of Azerbaijan into the orbit in 2015, he noted.

Gun.Az

Printer

Commentary

Most read articles

More from Tech

In The Region

Editor Picks

Azerbaijan Cuisine

Explore the food of Azerbaijan - from sherbet to succulent kebab, from baklava to fragrant pilaff

Follow us

Find us on Facebook

Real estate