Chronicle of Patriotic War: October 26, 2020
The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the "Iron Fist", on September 27, 2020, in response to the large-scale provocation of the Armenian armed forces along the frontline, News.Az reports.
The erupted 44-day Patriotic War ended with the liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation and the restoration of territorial integrity.
Chronicle of the 30th day of the Second Karabakh War:
- President Ilham Aliyev addressed the nation.
- In his address to the nation, President Ilham Aliyev announced the names of the liberated villages of Zangilan, Gubadli and Jabrayil.
- First Vice President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva shared a post on her Instagram account about the liberation of several villages in Zangilan, Jabrayil, Gubadli districts, and the city of Gubadli.
- President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by the Italian Rai-1 TV channel.
- The Armenian armed forces shelled Azerbaijani units using artillery.
- Azerbaijan’s Tovuz, Gadabay and Dashkasan districts were shelled from Armenia.
- Armenia continued to violate the ceasefire.
- An Armenian drone was destroyed.
- The Armenian armed forces shelled Tartar with 'Smerch' missiles.
- A video of the liberated villages of Padar and Khanlig in Gubadli district was released.
- A video of the liberated city of Gubadli was released.