Chronicles of Patriotic War: October 29, 2020
The Azerbaijani Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called the "Iron Fist", on September 27, 2020, in response to the large-scale provocation of the Armenian Armed Forces along the frontline, News.Az reports.
The erupted 44-day Patriotic War ended with the liberation of Azerbaijan’s territories from nearly 30-year Armenian occupation and the restoration of territorial integrity.
Chronicle of the 33-rd day of the Second Karabakh War:
- President Ilham Aliyev approved a law on renaming the Vang village of Khojavand district into Chinarli village.
- President Ilham Aliyev called Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- A video of the liberated villages of the Gubadli district was released.
- The territory of Goranboy and Tartar districts came under fire. The Armenian troops, who were forced to retreat, opened fire on the civilian population.
- The territory of the Tartar district, including diplomatic representatives, came under fire. Another civilian was killed as a result of the Armenian fire.
- Armenian servicemen, who fire at civilians in Azerbaijan’s Barda, were killed on battlefield. Forces and equipment Armed Forces of Armenia were destroyed.